Monday, February 8, 2010

I would just like to say....

....that using double pointed needles is VERY frustrating. I am trying to knit a a pair of socks -- hey, I'll be happy if I can even do one sock -- and getting started has been quite an ordeal. I can't seem to get to a satisfactory first row. Currently, my would-be sock looks like a three-sided square. :( Will update when I calm down enough to pick it up again.


To add insult to injury, what should have been a simple project -- a cowl -- has also turned into an ordeal. According to S, the black alpaca we spun into a chunky yarn should have been perfect for this project. The problem with circular needles is that you have to make sure you aren't twisting the yarn and thus knitting something that would be impossible to finish or wear. I tried my hardest to keep this in mind but a) the yarn is so chunky it's hard to tell what I'm doing and b) it's black, which makes it even more difficult to see! I spent a long time just getting a row done, only to find out when I reached the end that I was knitting incorrectly and had twisted the whole contraption into a big mess :( Not a successful day in knitting....but then again, it wasn't a successful day for the Colts, either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment