Thursday, February 11, 2010

An Update from the Big Sis

I have just one thing to say: baby camel down, BAYBEE SIS!!

You don't know this yet, but you're going to fall in love with it when you spin it... The color is the softest brown you have ever seen. I am going to have to leave a bib under your chin because you're going to be drooling so much. I will wipe your little chin every so often because you are going to be glued to the spinning wheel. That's what a big sis I am!

Of course I will help you out of your snarling mess of black alpaca loveliness. I'll get you started on your needles, too. And, I'll be thrilled to show you how much fun it is to use double point needles. You'll get the hang of it. It just takes a little practice, but it is worth it. Wait until you see how cute these socks are I am working on right now. The needles are the thickness of toothpicks and I worry I am going to snap the wood if I look at it wrong. No, just kidding! It's a lot easier than it looks. If I could figure it out, you can definitely do it.

 I'm not posting pictures of my moss stitch socks yet. But, I will share with you something else I have been working on. Remember that gorgeous Border leicester fleece I received as a gift back in December? Well, I finally spun up a second bobbin and then plied it and then pressed repeat. I have a total of 8 hanks done now and have been carding more fleece to spin it  into yarn today.


 Well, what do you think??

I'm still figuring out what I am going to do with it. There's definitely enough for a shawl. I plied it about dk thickness, so think size 4-5 needles. My hands are soft with the remaining lanolin it kept after I washed it up, which is good because they're so dry with the winter heat.

Can't wait to see you... feels like it's been forever!


Love to you,
Your Big Sis 














No comments:

Post a Comment